Saturday 10 July 2010

Pretty Butterflies ...

Jean sent me this gorgeous set of butterfly stamps and I couldn't wait to use them on a card.




I used the biggest of the butterflies which measures about 7.5 cmc wide. I stamped in black Memento ink and coloured with Copic Markers


I just used the darker colours in the centre fading out to the lighest on the edges of his wings


I coloured two of the same butterflies, cut the wings from the second and glued them on top of the first, curling the edges of the wings up


I used a second stamp from Jean, the For You greeting block by Purple Onion Designs. I didn't have the right colour inkpad so I used a Stampin Up marker to colour all over the stamp before printing.


I cut it into a tag shape by drawing around the lid off a jar of flowers :)


I kept the design of the card really simple by leaving off any patterned paper and getting all the colour from the coordinating ribbon, cardstock, ink and the coloured butterfly

I used:
Purple Onion Greeting block stamp

3 comments:

  1. Love the colours of this beautiful card!!!!...Kirsti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this Andrea , very simple but just looks fab , im going to have to find tiem to play with those butterfly stamps

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails