Tuesday 8 June 2010

Julie: Cheery Artchix cards

Hi everyone.

As I am sitting here writing this the weather is somewhat grey, dull and drab so I hope that by the time you read it the sun's shining on you like it was when I made this a set of everyday, all occasion, bright and cheery greetings cards:All of the cards feature Artchix collage elements and my latest favourite Catslife Press greeting stamp - 'Enjoy Today' [which I also used on this layout last month]. It's such a versatile greeting it can be used on cards for lots of occasions such as birthdays, weddings, Mohter's / Father's day, to a simple good luck or 'just because' message:

I added this cheery sentiment on to cards which I'd layered with bright Basic Grey 'JuneBug' papers, pretty doilies [available in the shop here] and Sassafras sticker borders [now out of stock]:

If you're not entitrely 'into' glittery embellishments then these Dew Drops gems add a pretty twinkly/glassy accents which catch all that lovely sunlight [finger's crossed] but without the bling!

The lighthearted and whimsical Artchix collage images bring a small but useful focal point to the card while picking out the key colours in my patterned papers:

Finally, for this card I coloured one of my doilies and spritzed my card with a Vibez spray ink:

It's only been during the last month or two that I've got back into making greetings cards again after a few years of onlydabbling and now I can't seem to stop! I'm really enjoying how a few simple ingredients: paper; a focal image plus a stamp can work together to form a completely finished item!

If you'd like to see some more of the cards I've been making using this new-found enthusiasm plus 3dJean products then drop by this post my notes on paper blog today where I'll be sharing some retro children's comic flavoured greetings cards. I'll have the kettle on ready for you ....

Thanks for reading today, I hope you feel motivated to make some cards in the sunshine too.

Julie :)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards and it's raining here...lol...xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect cards to cheer me up on this drab grey day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, cheery and bright !! Just like a sunny day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your cards, Julie! Great stamp too, I'm going to have to get me one! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails