Tuesday 27 November 2012

Julie: Cardmaking using nostalgic Santa images

Hello again.

If you're looking for a quick no-need-to-stamp-or-colour-in image for your handmade Christmas cards then look no further than this 12x12 sheet of 'Images from the Past' featuring 15 fabulous nostalgic Santa's from Pion:  
I sat myself down with this sheet and, inspired by the various colourways across the individual Santas, I created a whole collection of Christmas cards:
But, although the images are very traditional in style and colour I decided to mix them together with some of my more modern alphabet stickers which I think really draw the colours out nicely.

Here's a closer look at a couple:
 Here the damask design backing paper is also a sheet of Pion called 'Christmas Poem' from the 'Waiting for Santa II'  range:
And the cluster of embellishments includes a decorative heart pin, a paper rose and a snippet of seam-binding:
The background to this one is 'Winterplay' by Pion:
 And another cluster of embellishments anchors the image down for a pretty focal point:
For me, they're a nice mix of soft vintage shades, modern alphas and a relaxed scrappy/shabby style [which is my favourite way to work!], which makes a change fom the usual strong bold red and green. 
 
Haing said that ...
 
I made lots of cards using these lovely nostalgic images several of which were indeed red + green! But I guess it goes to show how easily they can be adapted to whatever other colours and supplies you have on hand!
 
By the way ...

If you bought the sheet of the Pion 'Fairytale of Winter' festive children images from 3DJean earlier in the year then keep an eye out over on my personal blog over the coming days/weeks as I'll be sharing another set of cards using those [alas they're no longer in stock, but if, like me you hadn't got around to using yours yet, then there might be something there to inspire you.]
 
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy Christmas-crafting to you!

Julie :-)

Supplies available from 3DJean:

1 comment:

  1. These are fabulous images Julie and I love the cards you've made with them. Really nostalgic and timeless.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails