Tuesday 4 March 2014

Julie: Scrapbooking on a neutral background

 
Hello again.
 
After a fair few non-scrapping months, I've really begun to get back into scrapbooking this year and my current favourite way to build a page is to begin with a subtly patterned, neutral background. Which is where the Lily Bee Victoria Park  range of basics comes in very useful:
They 've got dots on one side [shown here in 'Mushroom'] with a grid on the reverse and, as I love both of those styles, it was seriously hard to choose which! 
 
Then, on to my base I added a few scraps of InfoCrea 'Notebooks of the Herboriste' patterned paper [which was on sale at 3DJean a while back - you might still have some in your collection somewhere] and added my photograph:
You might just be able to make out above the Mulberry paper closed rose buds which I stapled above the photo, and there's a closer look at the buds here, where I repeated the design feature in the top right of the page: 
To further frame my main picture I stapled a section of Rose Organza trimming in black beneath it:
And finally, I flicked Shimmerz Inks across my finished journaling [it's always a little bit of a risk adding it once everything else is almost completed ... but it's rather freeing to just see where the ink wants to land!]:
 And that's my project for today: a multi-layered and embellished page all built up from a very simple polka-dot neutral base.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails