Tuesday 8 October 2013

Julie: Stencilling onto scrapbook photos with Shimmerz paints

Hello again.

Today's projects are the first from my 52 Weeks of Photos album:
The 3DJean Design Team and friends are playing along 52 Weeks of Photos this year [and on into 2014!] and everyone's welcome at any time [there's no fixed start/end date - just join in whenever you like!].
 
If you join us - by finding + photographing one of the 52 topics [available here] each week - can have some interesting, creative, advantages for instance...
  • it gets you to take your camera out and grab a photo each week;
  • it gets you to document your life ... but with a reason. Each of the 52 topics makes a great 'prompt' to remind you to capture something in your life once a week;
  • it gets you printing off those digital photos! Something which we sometimes need a nudge to do!
  • it gets you regularly making something small and creative, While I'm taking one photo per week, I'm not scrapbooking my photos weekly but leaving them for a month or two and then scrapping them.
I'm scrapbooking mine to fit inside split-pocket page protectors and I've made a decision to scrap them in a style where I can combine some of my favourite art-journaling 'messy' techniques alongside scrapbooking. Which, at the moment means using various new Shimmez paints.
 
Here I applied Shimmerz - Texturez - 'Patina' across my finished card. It's always a bit heart-in-your-mouth adding something messy to a finished page .. but I think the risk paid off! :
I applied it by scraping the pre-coloured texture paste over the top of the Tando Creative 'Sequin Waste' mask:
 And, to give you an idea of just how thick and textured this medium is ... I tipped it upside down:
 ... and fortunately for my carpet ... it stayed inside the jar just like I thought it would!
 
I added yet another top layer over my photograph in the shape of my ever-faithful Lost Coast Designs Zebra Stripe border stamp
And here's the end result:
For my second week of the project I had another go with the texture paste - to keep some harmony in my album pockets which take 2 cards:

 Here's that stencilled area close-up:
 And, before I go I wanted to point out that you don't need to photograph the list of 52 things in order ... for my Week 2 I captured No.47 on the list!
It's not meant to be strict - it's just a fun photo-taking and memory-keeping project to dip into and inspire me to keep creating, on a small scale on a regular basis.
 
Are you inspired to join us? Or how about trying out that texture paste?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails