For the next 6 weeks over on my own blog I'm running Going Postal: a postal-themed blog series and so ... it was only natural that my design team project for today featured something a little bit post-inspired too! And here's what I made ...
How to create a similar simple-but-striking piece of wall art:
- Run a glue stick over the heart;
- Cover it with a selection of postage stamps, in the same colour;
- Turn the heart over and carefully trim away any excess from around the edge;
- Mount the finished postal-heart on to cream cardstock using 3D foam pads;
- Spell out a greeting with alphabet stickers beneath the heart [or leave blank if you want the heart to speak for itself!];
- Add a pre-cut card mount [eg. Wilkinson's stores sell very affordable card mounts] to add a professional finishing touch and then ...
- Frame it and put it on the wall ... or, if you can bear to ... send it to someone you love!
Here's a close-up:
If you don't have any vintage-style stamps or if, like me, you just have a soft-spot for creating with postage-themed items then you might find yourself swooning over these two new additions to the 3DJean shop this month - both of which are part of a larger Art Chix re-stock ...
Here's the Art Chix 'Faux Postage' sheet: in 'Peace, Tranquility, Harmony':'Faux Postage' with this 'Christmas 'sheet:
If you've already bought these sheets ... and you'd like to take part in my Going Postal series, then simply blog your projects made from these [or indeed any] postal themed supplies.
Then drop by my blog for details on how to link up your post so you can share your project with lots of fellow postal-fans!
Wishing you a month of Happy Mail!