Tuesday 16 July 2013

Julie: Organza roses + bling ... vintage style

Hello again.
 
*NEW IN* the shop this week is this lovely organza rose trimming - available by the metre in black and red
The tulle mesh backing can be snipped away to leave just the blooms [like I did here]:
... or, depending on the style of your project, you could even leave it in place [especially if you were making something quite freestyle, arty and even punk-ish!]
 
It's definitely a trimming that something that could add a touch of glamour to a project [mixed with some bright pink and bling!] ... but I wanted to try something a little more vintage with it:
So ... I picked out lots of neutral shades to work with the vintage feel, beginning with the brown scroll-design of the LilyBee backing paper 'Parasol' from the Lovely range.
I then added something else which, on another style card could be quite 'blingy' - the Faux Diamante Mesh in Silver... but here, mixed with the softer neutrals it adds a nice subtle glimmer.
 
I wanted to show you a close-up of this ... so you could see how the mesh backing is actually a thread - and not plastic:
It's more sophisticated, and flexible, than some plastic versions I've seen in the past and can easily be snipped to size suit your project.
 
And finally, to mirror the organza roses and to add even more texture to my little card, I added a paper rose [there's been a huge re-stock of mulberry paper flowers in the shop!]
Here's the finished thing again, so you can see how it all hangs together:
This was one of those cards where 'more' was definitely 'more' ... it all started to come together the more layers and elements I added. And who'd have thought black organza roses mixed with diamante bling could turn into a rather quietly glamorous vintage-style card?!

I'll be back in a few weeks with another design team project - don't forget to drop by the 3DJean shop to catch all the latest additions.

Julie   

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails