Tuesday 29 March 2011

Julie: A CD and an Acrobatic Comedienne

Hi again.
At the start of the year I posted a step-by-step photo-tutorial here which explained a method of printing out the images on the various Vintage Image CDs now available in the shop. And I thought today I'd share another project made using that technique to print out an image, this time from the Vintage Theatre & Circus Image disc.

Allow me to introduce to you one of the hundreds of characters from the CD ... Miss Nellie O'Neil ... the 'acrobatic comedienne'!
Seriously ... I'm not making it up ... look closely at the bottom of the image:
Now wouldn't that be something worth paying to see?!!

Once I'd printed out my image [onto the very useful weight of white cardstock which is new in the shop] I decided to reflect the colours in the image in my choice of papers. Then I recreated Nellie's ruffled petticoats by adding the papers in layered bands across the card!

My final touches were the greeting from the versatile Purple Onion Designs 'Hello Set':
... and three of the gorgeous Queen & Co Adhesive gems.

Once you know how to resize and print out the images [using my method from the tutorial - or whatever works for you] then the Vintage Image CDs offer you an endless supply of images to add to your cards.
Just print out a few full sheets from time to time and keep them handy for super quick, no mess cards.

-------------
I'll be back in a few weeks time. Until then, enjoy your crafting and make sure to visit:

And finally
  • hop by my blog - notes on paper - where there's another card I've made using the image CDs over there today. And this one has monkeys on it!
Now ... you wouldn't want to miss that would you?!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Fab stuff Julie, love the image & name !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project Julie and the image is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails